Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 16, 2013

REVIEW: BURT'S BEES TINTED LIP BALM

After suffering the whole winter with chapped lips and trying just about every lip balm in the market, I came across the Burt's Bees section at Shoppers while I was there to buy shampoo. The original lip balm used to be one of my favourite until I couldn't stand the smell of it anymore. If anyone else uses it too, they might know or agree with what I'm talking about. The smell is this overpowering smell of mint mixed with this medicine smelling scent. I can't even describe it properly, it just smelled unpleasant and I didn't want people to smell it so I started to only use it at home. Honestly, I don't even know why I got the tinted lip balm cause the thought of it smelling like the original one definitely crossed my mind. I guess I was just itching to buy something so I thought why the hell not!


I was quite surprised when I got home and opened it up, a good and bad surprise. The good thing is that it smelled nothing like the original Burt's Bees lip balm, in fact it has no smell whatsoever. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet. The bad surprise was the actual container of the lip balm was so ugly! I'm not talking about the packaging because honestly, I was deceived! I thought the packaging was kind of cute and the colour shown on the packaging was a really nice shade of nude, which I love. But the actual container itself is this ugly brown tube! I would like to think that I'm not too picky when it comes to the packaging but I don't think it hurts to make it look cuter and slightly more attractive to the naked eye!


Aside from the packaging and the container, the tinted lip balm worked wonderfully just as I expected of Burt's Bees lip products. Can't say about their other products since I have yet to try them but I have heard nothing but good things about them. The lip balm kept my lips moisturized throughout the day and night, and the colour was a nice sheer nude colour. I bought the colour Honeysuckle but other colours are available ranging from a purplish colour (sweet violet) to a sheer baby pink colour (blush orchid) , all named after flowers, how cute! To top it off, the lip tint is 100% natural with nourishing ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil. Overall, I give this product a 8/10, two points away from a perfect score only because of the packaging, I wish it didn't bother me that much but for some reason it does.

P.s. Flare magazine recently came out with an article on the humble co-founder of Burt's Bees in their April issue. Truly inspiring and eye-opening!

Lots of love,
Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment