Pages - Menu

Monday, March 11, 2013

e.l.f. LIP EXFOLIATOR REVIEW

Time for a product review! I recently went to winners and found elf products. I have heard of this brand before and know that it is quite famous for their low prices. Also from youtube videos I found that elf products are high in quality. I remember going online to visit the elf website and came across the extra 50% off promo! I wanted to try and buy the products but held it off due to the high shipping price point. At winners, I actually found one of the items I had on my elf online shopping cart! I figured I should buy and try it! Online it was priced at $3 and with the 50% off it was at $1.50. At winners, I bought it for $4.99.

Now the review!

                                        (CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO VIEW IN HIGHER QUALITY)

I have very dry and chapped lips due to the winter weather. On top of that, I have a habit of picking my lip when it becomes very dry. Bad habit, I know! Trying to fix that...



Instructions on the box: Apply to clean damp lips and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate. Use a moistened cotton pad with water and gently wipe away scrub. Follow with a lip balm or gloss to condition.

Originally, before reading the directions, I opened the stick and just left it on my lips. I applied it the very same way I would apply lip balm but this is incorrect! It is used just as an exfoliator and nothing more/less. I tried the way that was directed on the box. It did work, however not as effective as I thought. 




                                              

 It has a very sweet taste--I don't like it. Although yummy, I prefer non scented or very minimal taste/smell for anything on my lip.




***I did find a personal method for myself!  I find that this exfoliator works best after my shower, The hot air from my shower does make my lips non chapped, but the dead skin is still there. When I scrub the lip exfoliator after I take a shower, I find that it exfoliates the dead skin very well! I love the product!


Pros
It actually exfoliates!
Does not exfoliate harshly and leaves my lips smooth
Price, $4.99--isn't too bad


Cons
 I wish the taste was minimal.


Overall, I would rate the e.l.f. lip exfoliator at 9/10. It works very well and does what it is supposed to. I really feel like it helps my dry lips. The price is great and the packaging looks very sleek and professional for a drug store product. Even though this is a scrub, I wish there wasn't such an evident taste to it. The taste isn't a big of a deal (this is just personal preference) because it directs you to take off the scrub afterwards and apply lip balm anyways .

Will repurchase!

Perhaps I will buy it when the next 50% elf promotion comes!

-Peggy<3

1 comment:

  1. I have the same product but it didn't work that well for me...

    ReplyDelete